Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Passed Out

So I had the scariest moment of my life about 2 hours ago. I went in to take a shower and DH was in there with me until I sent him out to get a clean towel from the cabinet. In the 20 seconds he was gone I passed out in the shower. I have a nice bruise on my left shoulder and the middle of my back from hitting the faucet. As soon as he heard me hit the tub he rushed in and I was sitting in the tub. I don't remember anything between the time he left and the time he came back in. Then as he was turning off the water and holding my head...I passed out again. I guess I was only out for a split second that time but when I came too I felt like I was in a tunnel. My vision was blurred with starry images and my hearing was very distant. Seriously scared. Then I was afraid to look down. I feared that I was going to be sitting in a red bath tub...but alas I was not. I didn't split a single stitch but I think I almost pulled out my drains. My stomach doesn't hurt at all but my drains hurt like a B!TCH. I called the doctor but she hasn't called me back yet.

I was feeling really good today. A little tired because we went to the store to get some Kashi cereal that was on sale today, but we walked slowly and it wasn't very long. When we came home I laid in my chair and listened to my book because I was kind of tired. I got up, took some pictures and then went to take a shower. I felt great. The whole passing out thing was kind of a shock!I am feeling better now except for my sore butt and back. Plus I have gained an extra shadow. DH won't let me go anywhere or do anything without him being a shadow. I guess it is a good thing. He is making dinner right now and telling me that I have to eat, eat, eat. He is convinced that I am not eating enough. He could be right considerng that after eating today I stepped on the scale and I was down 5.5 pounds. They only removed 4 pounds of skin so I have lost weight since surgery. So between now and Sunday I am going to eat whatever he feeds me and not ask about calories.

Doc still hasn't called so I will have DH call here on her cell phone. I want to make sure that there is nothing that I could have done internally.

4 comments:

T-Lo said...

Karri that is way scary. Take is easy girl. I know it is hard for you to be doing nothing but you need and deserve it. And you will definitely be glad later.

-Tina

She Smiles said...

Rest up, you need to take it easy. Eat up too, you need the energy to heal! (I know I sound like a mother haha).

Nurse Niki said...

Sorry that you had a rough day. You (and your DH) had to be scared to death! I was wondering if maybe you lost more blood in surgery than your body is keeping up with, and that is making you light headed. Are you taking a one-a-day vitamin? I bet you could use the extra iron to help out with Red Blood Cell production. Just a thought...take it for what it is worth! Good luck!

Ang said...

Definitely take it easy, that is very scary. I remember after my lapband surgery - my first shower I was allowed to have (I believe it was the first or the one that we got to take my steristrips etc off in) my fiance was helping me and I don't know if it was a combination of the hot water and lack of general food over the past few days but I was half way to pass out and he had to drag me out, sit me on the toilet seat then when i was able to, get me to bed to lie down for a bit. So I didn't fully pass out that time. (have once before though completely unrelated to my band a few years ago) scary stuff. Rest up!