Thursday, July 3, 2008

More surgery update

The surgery was 4.5 hours long and I was discharged 1 hour and 15 minutes after the surgery was finished. Yeah....they are very efficient there!

The doctor has already called me at home to make sure that everything is going well. She is the sweetest lady ever. Then the anethesiologist was a hoot. Seriously had the best bedside manner ever. Those guys are usually stuffy jerks but this one was cracking jokes and we were talking chemistry right up until I dozed off. She was not able to get the tummy TOTALLY flat but said that she would do that at a significant priced reduction when I have my breast lift. When they do the breast lift she will use the same incisions to do a reverse tummy tuck. I just had SOOOOOOO much extra skin. She just didn't want to compromise blood flow. So there will be a tiny little pooch right underneath my breasts but the rest of the tummy will be flat. She actually went out and discussed it with DH before making the final decision on what to do. She could have made the decision on her own, but instead opted to discuss it with family...how cool is that! She truly is an amazing woman and doctor. You can already see improvement. I am obviously still in the binder but it is so flat! Makes my boobies look REALLY big now though! DH says he is going to have to get two sticks to beat off the high schoolers! I already had a few flirting with me at the end of last year. Kind of creepy...no one ever hit on me when I was fat. At first I didn't even notice that they were doing it...then I got freaked out.

My post op is on Monday. DH will pull out the pain pump on Saturday. She said I could wait and just have her remove in on Monday but DH is enjoying playing doctor way too much! He is the greatest guy ever. Though I had to pee in front of him for the first time ever and had a bit of pee fright....I just couldn't go. Finally I did and we were both laughing at me cause I would stop and go, stop and go....I know...TMI but it was funny.

The left drain is draining MUCH more than the right one. When we emptied it there were 40 ml in the left and 5 in the right. Significant difference!

Okay I think I posted everything I know so far. If something comes up I will let you know.

Cheers to the end of Jabba the Hut!