Saturday, July 5, 2008

Not sleeping

Good afternoon. Not much to post. We are going to take out the pain pump later today. I am in a lot less pain today. I was able to lie down in my own bed this afternoon and get some sleep. I still am not able to sleep for more than about an hour at a time. If it doesn't get better by Monday I am going to ask her for some sleeping pills. It isn't pain that is preventing me from sleeping...I just can't sleep. My eyes are tired and I lay here with them closed, but alas...I do not sleep.

I am still draining quite a bit from the left side, but not a whole lot from the right. Still don't have much of an appetite. DH went to the store to get a rotissarie chicken as there was nothing in the house that I wanted to eat. I am at 53 grams of protein right now so I will get higher with the chicken. I will then eat a protein bar or a sandwich tonight when I take my antibiotic so I should be close to 100 grams again. I am trying to eat more...I am just NOT hungry.

Well we are still not able to see anything so I will be posting pictures after the doctor's appt on Monday.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I have suffered insomnia on and off. Not getting sleep can effect every part of your life, especially healing. I have used Melatonin with wonderful results. It is natural, doesn't need a prescription and does not interact with other meds. I prefer the liquid and put a dropper full under my tongue 20 mins before bed. I get it at GNC.

Hope you find some relief. Sweet dreams.

Dan and Christine said...

OMG! I can't wait to see the pictures! If you'll remember I went in for a TT consulation, but needed to come up with the cash. Ug. Well, it's a good thing I didn't because now that baby #2 is here I have to lose the weight again.

I'm off to make my menu for the week. WWatchers is making me hungry soo I'm trying to plan better so I can eat more effectively. I hope that made sense.

Call when you can. We're meeting friends for dinner (at a buffet!) so THAT should be interesting. Never take a dieting woman to a buffet. This will truly be an exercise in strength!

TAKE CARE!