Sunday, July 6, 2008

Itchy, Itchy, Scratch, Scratchy

Good morning. Pain is down to almost zero and my appetite is back a little. I actually wanted to eat this morning.

I stepped on the scale this morning and it read 145 but that is will all the bandages on and all my clothes on. So I am definetly lower than that. The draining has slowed WAAAAAY down. In fact I am hoping that the right one wil come out tomorrow at my post-op appointment.

However...the ITCHING IS KILLING ME! Did anyone else have incredible itching. I feel like I have bugs crawling underneath my binder. I didn't have lipo so I don't know why it is so unbearable. I am actually itching everywhere...but under the binder is awful.

I had my first experience with a bowel movement yesterday and that was NOT fun. I have been taking stool softeners but it didn't help yesterday. So I doubled what I was taking for future encounters!

Again I hope to post pictures tomorrow!

I did sleep much better last night. Still not sleeping through the night and I will ask the doc about that tomorrow, but I slept for longer periods of time and when I woke up I didn't stay up as long.

3 comments:

Losing Jusme said...

thats weird.... i had MAJOR itching, but i had lipo too.

are you wearing anything under your binder (other than bandages?)... if not, maybe get a few 'wife beater' or 'a-shirt' men's t-shirts. what i did was cut off the arm part see black line at this link - http://www.flickr.com/photos/jusme_/2643039859/

if that doesnt work, there is an Aveeno itch cream... its for sensitive skin. that REALLY helped with my lipo incisions.

good luck.

salsa1877 said...

All I have on are the bandages. I took the binder off for about 45 minutes today and it helped the itching. I will try the Aveeno. DH is going to the store tonight so i will have him get some. Now I am just battling gas...MAJOR gas.

She Smiles said...

I feel your pain about the itching - I'm like that 24/7 with my eczema! Hope the gas goes away though, that just sounds like NO fun at all!

Can't wait to see your pics though Ms Flat Tummy!! hehe