Friday, May 2, 2008

Phew...Minor Injury!

It appears that I just have a case of tendonitis probably caused by improper shoes. I did go and buy new shoes but because I have a high arch and run primarily on the outside of my feet I need to have "special" shoes.

Doctor did say as long as I didn't run this week he thinks it should be fine to run on Sunday. If there is more pain then I need to come back for x-rays but based on the lack of swelling and the fact that I wasn't getting shooting pains that it was most likely NOT a stress fracture.

We are going to Eugene today and are going to stop in at a local running store there that does gait analysis from a video they shoot while you are running on a treadmill. From there the figure out the best kind of shoe for you to buy. So I will most likely be plunking down at least 100$ today, but it is worth it if I want to do this half marathon.

On a side note...I officially HATE morning workouts. I was fine after 15 minutes on the eliptical...but the first 15 minutes were HELL!

Off to work...Thank goodness NO kids today!

2 comments:

She Smiles said...

Thank goodness for the diagnosis!

Shoes are an investment in your health when you're a runner, at least thats what I tell my hubby when I pay the ridiculous amount I pay for my shoes haha

Sounds like we have opposite feet, I don't run enough on the outsides, I do whats called overpronating. Thats the fancy term for wonky feet, I think!

The Juggling Francophile said...

I for one hope the shoes help a great deal -- I'm more of a morning workout person myself ... for now. We'll see what happens once I start working!

Best of luck with the half marathon!

And thanks for the teaching advice. I had a wonderful student teaching experience, so I know my first year will be very different without my amazing coop in the department office!