Sunday, May 4, 2008

Another Personal Best!!

I finished the Eugene Marathon's 5K race this morning with yet another personal best.

The following is from official Race Results

MY FINISH TIME: 31:42 (personal best!!!!!)

AVERAGE RACE TIME FOR ALL RUNNERS - 35:42 (yeah!!!! I beat the average time!)

OVERALL PLACE 260 out of 522 (pretty much in the middle of the pack! Yeah not dead last!)

DIVISION PLACE (20-29 year olds: both male and female) 31 out of 53 (Not the best, but not last!)

GENDER PLACE 132 out of 322 (Not to freaking shabby!!!)

OFFICIAL PACE TIME: 10:14/mile (Holy Crap, I almost ran 6 miles per hour!!!!)

I was very happy with my outcome today. Unfortunately we don't have pictures because they changed the course on us and I had no way of telling DH so he was in the wrong location to take in progress pictures and by the time he realized it, he didn't get to the finish line on time. He felt horrible! I felt so bad for him. He thought I was going to be upset because there was no one there to cheer me on. However, I figured he wasn't going to make it so I didn't count on him being there. I have another race set up for June 1 and since that one starts and finishes in the same place it won't be a problem.

My foot is much better. I got proper shoes that were fitted for my feet and they did the trick. No foot pain when I was running this morning. My foot is a little sore tonight, but nothing I can't handle.

Half-Marathon training continues this week.

Monday: Weights and 1/2 hour eliptical
Tuesday: 4 mile run outside
Wednesday: Rest day (I have a conference to attend)
Thursday: 4 mile treadmill run followed by 6 mile walk (I have to start building up to 13.1 miles)
Friday: 1 hour eliptical
Saturday: Light exercise (tennis or walking with DH)
Sunday: 6 mile run outside

3 comments:

Dan and Christine said...

Good LORD woman! You are doing amazing things and I really need to check your blog every day! So much is happening! You are a blog MASTER. Keep up the good work and when people try to minimize how you feel about food, measuring, or your self image remember this: YOU took the steps to get healthy and only YOU know how it feels to be in your body. Tell them to kiss your skinny booty and keep your chin up. You have me motivated though...maybe I could try a marathon some day????

salsa1877 said...

OMG I soooo totally know what a runner's high is. I am officially addicted to running. I don't like training but running in the races could cause me as much problems as gambling...It's expensive. But it is an AMAZING feeling. Believe me...If I can train and run a marathon, I honestly believe anyone who is not physically handicapped can do it. Just think 9 months ago I could barely walk a half mile without feeling like I was dying...Now I am running 4 miles 3 days a week minimum. If a former fat chick can do it...so can you!

The Juggling Francophile said...

Wow! Congrats on your successful run! I am so happy for you! I'm so glad the new shoes did the trick :)

If you don't mind my asking, how did you get started running? Did you start by walking and then jogging for short spurts of time? Sorry to ask so many questions, it's just that I'm going to be moving soon and am considering getting a trainer... if I can squeeze that into the budget :)

Yay! It's so excited for you!