Sunday, May 18, 2008

Holy CRAP I did it!


12 glorious miles....12...can you believe it?!? And I averaged a 12:09 and that was with walking part of the way! My final time was 2:25:52! Not to freaking bad. I ran 7 miles, walked 1, ran 2, waled 1.3, ran .7! I burned 1392 calories!


I can't believe how far I have come. I am sooooo proud of myself. And I am proud that I can say that I am proud of myself. I have only ever been able to say that one other time in my life and that is when I graduated from college the first time!


My DH is the greatest. He was out there giving me water at every mile. He had his bike and would ride to the "check points" and stand there with water and cheer me on...it was so great... He really does look out for me. Sometimes I get so focused that I don't think about things...that is what he is there for!


Today is a free food day for me. Why you ask...because on Friday I weighed 152 and thought it was a fluke. When I weighed in yesterday 153, but I ate RIGHT before I went to bed. This morning back down to 152. I can't go any lower. And on days like today when I have already burned 1392 calories before 10AM I figure I can't have any FF or LF stuff. I am not going hog wild and sitting down with ice cream (cause that would have me spending the entire day in the bathroom) or candy, fast food, chips, or crap like that. It just means that we are bbq'ing hamburgers tonight and I am actually going to have ground beef. I am even going to put mayo on it...though that will have to be light mayo because that is all we have. I don't know what we are having for lunch, but I am sure DH will make sure that it is reasonable but higher calories than I would normally eat. I don't want to get to the point that I have to put weight ON, so I just have to have these days when I do the long miles. I guess you could say this is a bonus to maintaining (though it makes me nervous!)


Well I hope everyone has a splendid Sunday. I need to do my cooking for the week...once I sit for a while...my legs are sore...wonder why?!?!


5 comments:

Losing Jusme said...

OMG, you almost did a half marathon (1.1 extra miles and you would have been there)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!

Nichole said...

WTG Salsa!! :)

salsa1877 said...

Thanks! I was soooo excited when I did this...and I was pretty happy with the time too. I think I can get the half marathon done in less than 2.5 hours. I am never going to get to the 13.1 miles before the run because I want to save that excitement for the day, but the plan is to do 12 miles every Sunday. By the weekend before the race I need to be able to run the entire thing...I so think I can do that!

The Juggling Francophile said...

Yay! Great job!

She Smiles said...

Awesome, what an amazing achievement!