Friday, May 23, 2008

Sleep...I needed Sleep

I think I figured out my problem...I was exhausted. I have been working from about 4:15 AM until 4PM this entire week and all of last. My body was tired. I went to bed at 6:30 on Wednesday and took a 4 hour nap yesterday (very rare for me) and I feel sooooooo much better today. I am going to run today come hell or high water! It is raining outside so I might have to do this on the treadmill, but I might push myself to go into the rain as well. I have to be prepared for any and all weather conditions. As long as it is not windy I think I am going to run outside. As you can tell I am rambling!

Next week is a new week. I am going on a new training schedule 3 short (HA!) 4 mile runs and 1 long run on Sunday. That way the time commitment isn't as great. I can do 4 miles in less than an hour so even with a 12 hour workday that is doable. Only 3 weeks left of school...THANK GOD! Then I will have 2 full weeks to prepare for the half marathon. I will be able to do my runs in the morning and have the rest of the day to relax and rest the legs.

Thanks to everyone for the encouragement...It means a lot!

3 comments:

Losing Jusme said...

salsa,
i think you need to take a few weeks off so you can get adequate rest for your half coming up. you really dont want to be too tired when you are running. and your plastics is right after that ... you HAVE to be well rested for that ...

yeah ... thats the ticket... yeah

salsa1877 said...

Is this sabotauge I am sensing here? While you are running your little hiney off and I am laying on the couch eating carrot sticks you are going to kick my ass in this challenge...UMMM I don't think so!

13 more days of class then I get 2 weeks before the half. Then after surgery I have 4 weeks of sleeping while you are running!

Losing Jusme said...

me??? why would you ever think I would do something like that???? (sweet, innocent, hugely fat me)