Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Injury Update

I talked to the athletic trainer at school today and he is pretty certain that it is a small stress fracture. So I am breaking down and going to the doctor tomorrow. I didn't workout at all yesterday, but did an hour on the eliptical and 1/2 hour on the bike tonight. The trainer said that wouldn't hurt the foot, so I figured I could keep the legs working towards my run on Sunday. When I asked him about running on Sunday he said as long as I ice the foot and don't run on it this week that I should be fine for the 5K. He told me it might hurt, but that since it is a short distance that I probably wouldn't hurt it much more...but that I might not be able to get back to training for a week or two after that. I figure as long as I keep elipticalling (Yeah...don't know if that is a word) and biking that I can keep my legs in shape and hopefully not lose too much ground.

Well I am exhausted. Our sleep schedules have changed and we are getting up at 3:30 AM now because of DH's new job. Plus it is grading week at school so it has been pure hell! I will be glad when tomorrow is over and I get a break from the kids. I need it!

3 comments:

The Juggling Francophile said...

You're a teacher too! I start my first year of teaching high school French this fall; I'm so excited!

I'm glad you're breaking down and seeing a doctor. It's great that your trainer has some knowledge for you to use :)

From the wise philosophy of the Karate Kid, "Don't forget to breathe! Very important."

salsa1877 said...

Teaching is fun...frustrating, time consuming, aggrevating, make you want to jump off of a cliff, but fun. There are days when you think you have the best job ever...and days you would rather dig ditches. Today I would rather dig ditches while standing in piles of pig poop! Yep it was that bad.

One word of knowledge about teaching. Don't ever let anyone tell you that you just need to work inside your contract hours...it just doesn't happen. Be prepared for short days and days that last from 4AM to midnight...That would have been Tuesday for me!

I will post what the doc says when I get home.

She Smiles said...

Yes, seeing a Dr is a very good idea. There is nothing worse than being sidelined indefinitely from running (like me right now grrrr). Hope the Dr tells you its a minor injury!