Thursday, May 8, 2008

Don't Adjust Your Monitor

Your eyes do not decieve you...My running ticker DID in fact move 10 miles today. I ran 4, walked 5 and ran the last one...Yes that is right you don't need contacts...I ran the last mile.

My legs hurt like HELL. But I feel on top of the world. I am convinced that while this half-marathon will not be EASY, it is most certainly doable. The worst part of the entire thing was how long it took. (2 hours 9 minutes). The best part of the entire thing was that according to the machines I burned over 1000 calories. I had to start the treadmill 3 times!

2 comments:

Losing Jusme said...

that is a great time for 10 miles!!!! YAY!

(yes, i am just now finding your blog - i suck)...

have you thought about running outside? i started on the treadmill too but loathed the long distances... i bought a Nike+ system (dont need the nike shoes) and you can map out a course on their website...

you are so going to kick this 1/2s rear!
C

salsa1877 said...

I run outside 2 days a week and then 1 day a week on the treadmill (for mental training). During that day my goal is to get to 13.1 miles so that my legs are used to the distance. Though I won't run more than 6 miles on any of those days because I am battling tendonitis. Doc's keep saying I can run, and just to take liquid ibuprofen (I am still to scared to take any pills even though I am not filled)

AND YOU DO NOT SUCK!