Sunday, May 11, 2008

Not a fun run

Ugh...6 miles SUCKED! I just didn't want to run today. I was supposed to go out to the Canyon this morning and run. But then my DH's sister called and wanted us to meet up with them. Plus I wanted to get the Nike+ so I could be cool like Losing Jusme and post my runs on the website. So we went into the next town, went shopping, went to the musical we were planning to see and then I came home and ran. Well the wind was whipping at home so I can't even imagine what it would have been like in the canyon so I went to the gym for a 6 mile run on the treadmill. If nothing else it is giving me a mental workout...the treadmill is BOORRRINNG! A 1hour 9 minute run and burned 650 calories. Then I had to come home and eat strawberries and granola to try and get my calories up. I had only eaten 1150 for the day and I need to be at around 1800 to try and maintain. I lost another pound this week which isn't necessarily a good thing. My PS really does not want me below 150 going into surgery. I am at 154 now. So I am good and ready to embrace maintenance now. I figure there is no way I am going to gain weight if I stay at 1800 calories and run/walk over 20 miles per week, plus have 2 days of cross training...both which burn around 600 calories.

So the Nike+ seems pretty cool, but I didn't seem to have luck with it this afternoon. I think it was because it was on its side in my shoe. We are going to modify it by attaching some velcro to it tomorrow. That is my DH's job. We are going a little Macgyver on the shoe. I can't wear Nike's and I just bought a 100$ pair of shoes so I was not going to buy the ones that the little transmitter fits into. I think this is going to be a big help when running. Though I did have to break down and buy an ipod. After dealing with these things in class everyday I was totally opposed to them...however this gadget looked like it would really help the running. I think in the long run it will be more useful to me than the body bugg that I was trying to decide if I was going to buy. I am hoping that I will become more and more comfortable with food in the next few months and with the bodybugg I think that I will eventually not need it. The nike+ is something that will be helpful to me wherever I go. I will be able to run in foreign places and not have to worry about how far I have run. Thanks for the heads up LJM!

3 comments:

Losing Jusme said...

try amazon for the pouch thingy for your shoe... marware shoe pouch is the search string and it will bring up the one i have - it works fabulously and is cheap - $3.64

i agree, the treadmill sucks. i barely got a mile out of it and had to go do cross train this morning, but i find it really helps with my pacing. hopefully i can bring that to the outdoors when i run tomorrow (unless its too hot cause im a wimp)...

~the cool one (HAHAHAHAHAHA LMAO)
LJM

Nichole said...

Salsa, way to go on your running so far! Keep it up and you'll be there before you know it!!

I would love to get the Nike+, but it doesn't work on the iPod Classic, just the Nano.

I love reading your blog! :)

~Nichole

The Juggling Francophile said...

Salsa m'dear~
I thought about you after my "double workout" today; I had a drenched, two-toned top look going on because of glorious sweat! A big thanks from everyone, I'm sure, on keeping us up-to-date :) I hope the wind doesn't keep up so you can have some great outdoor runs soon!

AMM