Sunday, June 1, 2008

UNDER 30!

I did it...I did it...I did it! 29:45...and we have pictures to prove it. Just not right now. They are on DH's non-digital camera. I think we are taking them to Fred Meyers to get them developed. Look at how constant my pace was!!! And there were 2 major hills and at higher elevation.




As for the after race run...it didn't go so well. My legs were TIRED! SO I walked/ran (mostly walked) 6.25 more miles. I only got to a little over 9 miles today but is still over 25 for the week so I am happy with that. I don't have any more 5K's so now it is JUST the half marathon to prepare for. Next week we will be back to the canyon and back to training. Tomorrow is my rest day and I need it. My legs are VERY sore. Today is supposed to be a free day but I only burned a little over 1000 calories so I don't know how "free" I am going to allow it. Normally on my "free" days I burn 1400. I am convincing myself that I will be just fine!

3 comments:

Losing Jusme said...

YAY YOU!!!!!!

congratulaions! I am SO proud of you!!

and dont forget to rest those legs... a few weeks should be adequate! ; )

seriously - an ice bath might help you recover...

The Juggling Francophile said...

Wow, that is amazing! Excellent job on making yet another goal :)

salsa1877 said...

Thanks all! I am NOT going to be resting the legs for a week LJM, but thanks for the suggestion :P

However today is a rest day and I need it. My legs are quite fatigued.