Sunday, June 8, 2008

Rug...I mean Run Burn






OWWWWWWEEEEEEEE! My run went pretty well today despite the hyperventilating (actually I didn' t have too much of a problem most of the run), but I did end up with several very nasty run burns. My running shorts are waaaaaayyyy too big and my "spanx" like garments are getting too big as well so after running for 2+ hours today the chaffing really started to hurt. This is my upper thigh.
So despite running 11 miles, my knees don't hurt, my hips don't hurt, my calves don't hurt, but this 2 inch by 2 inch piece of flesh is about to bring me to my knees. We got some bag balm to put on it cause it is excruciating. The picture shows the worst one, but I also have one on my arm, on the other thigh and under both breasts. DAMN LOOSE SKIN!

I ran 11 straight miles, though I think something went funky with my nike+ because even though I ran slow at 9 miles...I didn't think I ran THAT slow.



Yesterday I did 7 miles. Again something funky with the nike+.



Tomorrow is a rest day and then I need to get 5 miles every day running at least 3 of them...preferably 4.

2 comments:

The Juggling Francophile said...

Yikes! Chafing never looks as painful as it actually IS, so I feel for you, you absolute RUNNING MACHINE! Your numbers just blow me away very time I check your blog.
Do your spanx-ish garments help everything stay where they need to be, for the most part, when youre running? I own one pair but I never thought of exercising with it on.
I hope your Nike+ gets into gear ... or that there's some kind of warranty on that!

Bon travail, Salsa!!

salsa1877 said...

I have to wear the spanx-ish garments or I have the worst back pain in the world. Not to mention that the flab really pulls on my lap-band port and I end up with cramps. I can't WAIT for the tummy tuck when I won't have to wear them anymore.

Thanks for the encouragement. THis is another tough week schedule wise though. It is the last week of school and I have finals to grade, classroom to clean, goals to write(supposed to do that at the beginning of the year!), and 2 parties to go to! Should be fun! It is actually the running that keeps me sane.

As for the nike+...I don't know what is going on with it. I think it only takes readings at certain intervals and there was a pretty nasty hill at mile 9 so it may have been correct...but I ran the ENTIRE time!