Thursday, June 12, 2008

Hills


This looks like an ugly run, but in actuality it was very good! I alternated running and walking on the treadmill at a 5.5 incline the entire time. There are a couple of minor hills on the half-marathon course so I need to do some hill training. However in the town that I live in...it is either a mountain or flat...except for the one hill in the canyon.

I am also experiencing some pain in what I think is the achilles tendon...the one that runs up the back of your leg???? I am not a biologist so I don't know anything about anatomy but it is kind of sore. I keep stretching it, but I am not going to push it this week. Between this pain and my breathing I am just proud that I keep doing the 5K's. I don't think that I will make my 25 mile per week goal this week but I should come close. If I can run a 5K every day and then do the 12 miles on Sunday I can eek out 24 miles. If I can just get 1 day with 4 miles then I will make it. We are going camping tomorrow night and Saturday night, but I will make sure to get something in. I will have to go early tomorrow morning as well. However I won't have to worry about getting grades done because I plan on doing that today. So I will certainly try for 4 miles tomorrow depending on how my leg feels.

I am going to the doctor today about my breathing (though it is better this morning!) and will ask about the leg. She probably will tell me to rest it... I just might do that until Sunday when I run the 12 miles. I have all next week to make sure I get my runs in, right?!?!

5 comments:

Losing Jusme said...

right ... take all the time you need... relax...

Amanda said...

HI
I was wondering how you get that nifty log of your workout? Is it some kind of GPS gizmo?
I love toys and anything to motivate me will help.

Amanda

BTW I found you through BLT.

salsa1877 said...

I have the nike+ fitness system. The system itself was only 30$ but you have to have an ipod nano or a new wristband thing to go with it. It only works with the nano..no other ipod. I spend 179$ total, but it has been the greatest thing in the world. We were camping this weekend and I could just run without having to map it out because it tells you how far you have run. It comes through the ipod. LOVE IT! I have to give credit to LJM for turning me on to it.

Losing Jusme said...

yeah and now she's kicking my @$$ in that stupid challenge...

yup, i was SUPPOSED to go 7 miles today. how many did i go? ummm, does shopping count?

hope you had fun camping!

Nichole said...

Wow...you only have 33 miles to go for your goal!! Keep it up. :) I finally decided to get a Nike+ for myself, but I got the new wristband since they won't make it work with the iPod Classic. :( I can't wait to get it and really start getting myself out more.