Wednesday, August 13, 2008

To Run or Not to Run

So I made the HUGE a$$ mistake of looking at the Portland and Seattle marathon webpages last night. They are a reasonable distance out to participate in some aspect of the running weekend, but close enough that I would have to push myself.

Portland - 5 miler: October 5
Seattle - Half-marathon: November 30

Hmmmm....can I do it? Do I want to push myself that hard?

Answers in order: I don't know and HELL YES!

So I buttered up DH when I asked what he though. He feels confident that I would be ok for the Portland 5 miler but is not so down with the half marathon in Nov. He said he would support it if I got permission from my PS. So I have an appt today with her and I will be begging!!!

My bandiversary was August 9 and what did I do to celebrate??? I ran a 5K with a not to shabby time of 34:32. Not my fastest...not my slowest, but I felt freaking fantastic. I was a little sore that night but I don't know if it was from the running or the painting.

Alright, I will update you on the decision to run when I get back from my appt. Right now I am off to run 2 miles. That is the limit that has been placed on me by DH. He wasn't so happy with the 5K that I ran. He is so afraid that I am going to push myself too hard. Probably a good thing I have him around or I would already be in the throws of marathon training. He keeps me thinking straight.

No comments: