Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Food = Enemy

I think my meds are screwing me up. Why you ask?
1. I am always starving even when I am full to the point that it hurts to eat any more.
2. I am craving sweets and I am not a sweet eater.
3. My band is tighter than it ever has been and I am still constantly hungry.

So why do I attribute this to my anti-depressant/anxiety meds. Well because this is exactly how I felt during the year before I got banded when I was on it. During that year I packed on a HELL of a lot of pounds and I refuse to do that again.

Now we have to play a game though. I will be working 2 jobs for the first trimester of school (teaching at the high school and at a local university) so I will not have the time or the energy to be obssessed about the calories like I was. So I don't think that I can just go off the meds. But on the other hand I can live with those feelings while I CANNOT live with gaining weight. I have worked too damn hard to go back.

I have a doctor's appt on Friday to discuss this with her. My PCP is fantastic so I have little doubt that she will help me make an informed decision.

Right now that I just have to make sure that I don't eat everything in the house and then start on the exterior. Thank goodness I do have the band. At least the pain and the fear of hurting my band is preventing a lot of overeating.

On another note...does climbing up and down a ladder a minimum of 128 times at school count as taking "it easy on the exercise for the next 2 weeks"?!?!?!

No comments: