Friday, August 15, 2008

Cooking Frenzy

Okay...I have got to get back into the groove with food. Things are spiraling out of control. Since gaining the 4-5 pounds after surgery I have been able to maintain but I am fighting huge battles.

So I went back to what worked. I cooked meals that will work for breakfast and lunch for the next week. Same foods that I ate when losing. I have to go back to the basics.

So quiche, chili and chicken meatloaf here I come!!!

I found new recipes for us to try for dinner that are healthy and reasonable. I have been eating "soft" foods that are just ignoring the fill in my band. I am eating too many carbs (which I don't need when I am not running!) and not enough of the proteins. It is funny how you can forget...protein, veggies then carbs...even though you have been eating just that way for a year. Funny how making me calorie binge after surgery can erase those memories so stinking fast.

But I plan on reGAINING those memories and LOSING these freaking 5 pounds!!!

No comments: