Saturday, April 26, 2008

Finished First 5K Race



Yeah I finished! Ran the whole way and finished with a personal best...34:30. The best I had done before was around 40:00 minutes. And I found out that my pedometer is miscalculating so when I thought that I was running 3 miles in the Dry Canyon, I was actually running 4!! The pictures aren't perfectly clear, but they will definetly work as a souveneir.



We were running on the new Highway 97 bypass that is to open to northboud traffic on Monday. To celebrate "Running the Re-Route" they gave us all commemerative t-shirts that were BRIGHT orange. We probably looked like escape convicts!


Next week is the Eugene Marathon's 5K run. Looking very forward to that one. It will be beautiful scenery and lower altitude, so I am hoping for less than an 11:00 minute mile. Next weekend's goal is less than 33:00 minutes, but in reality, I would like to be under 30. Don't know if it is possible but I am going to push myself this week. I got brand new shoes yesterday and they made a world of difference. My knees are not nearly as sore. I have a sore spot on my foot, but it didn't cause me any problems today.




6 comments:

isabelle said...

Hi! I just stumbled upon your blog this evening and had to leave you a message. Way to go you! I am so impressed with all your hard work. It definitely seems to be rewarding you every step of the way -- literally! Congratulations on all you've accomplished, and good luck on all your future success.

salsa1877 said...

Thanks. If I can inspire just one person then, I have done my job!

The Juggling Francophile said...

Wow, that's great! Congrats on the time. I'm glad to hear you keep setting goals for yourself!

Are you in the Southwest? The scenery looks beautiful where you are here!w

salsa1877 said...

No I am in Central Oregon and I hate the scenary. We moved here from the Eugene area with lots of rain, and green, green, green. I miss the green can you tell?!!?

Losing Jusme said...

YOU ROCK!!!!

congratulations!

She Smiles said...

Way to go! You can SO do 30 mins!