Monday, April 28, 2008

Not Good...NOT GOOD!

Okay first injury of the marathon career and it couldn't have come at a worse time. I WILL be under 30 at the Eugene 5K. My foot is killing me. Best case scenario...just a mild bruise or sprain...worse case...stress fracture. Nah...Can't be that. No I am not going to the doctor because I am stubborn and I don't want them telling me not to run on it. However I do have a plan for this week so that I can stay working out and take some of the force off of the foot.

Tomorrow: Bike 1-1.5 hours....no stress on the foot
Wednesday: Eliptical ... Little more stress on the foot, but not high impact 1-1.5 hours (This was supposed to be my 5 mile day :(
Thursday: Eliptical ...1.5-2 hours
Friday: Rest
Saturday: Walk 3 miles
Sunday: Run that damn 5K in less than 30 minutes. What is a little pain right????

I did run 3.25 miles tonight before I pulled up from the pain. It was a TERRIBLE run though. I battled through the pain for at least the last 2 miles and I tried to wear my belt with water bottle, but it is just too cumbersome. I don't like it. So top that with 70+ degree weather (have never run in anything that warm before) and this run pretty much sucked!

2 comments:

The Juggling Francophile said...

I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad run and are injured! I really hope you're right, but am somewhat worried that you refuse to see a doctor because you don't want to be told not to run. I really hope you're right though! Please take it easy!

salsa1877 said...

I will see the doc after the Eugene run. I just don't want to be told not to run before Sunday. If I am still in pain after that I will be going to see a doc. I am pretty sure that it is just a muscle thing and not a broken bone thing. I can push on it without a lot of pain, it just hurts if I put a lot of pressure on it. I am taking it "easy" the rest of this week. Easy meaning that I am not going to be pounding on my foot. My legs are going to get their endurance workout! Thanks for the concern. It is amazing how support from people...even total strangers makes a huge difference.