Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Why waste time?

So it was just a few weeks ago that I even considered taking the plunge into the land of plastic surgery...and today I had my second and last consultation. All of the docs (including my lap band doc) said that there was NO way this flabby belly was going away without the hand and knife of a surgeon. Yet another reason to not be fat for 20 years! So I am posting the before pictures so that I can follow the process. These pics were taken about 1 month ago and it has gotten worse since then. I know you ask how could it get worse? Well if they ever need a recast for Jabba-the Hut in Star Wars, I could easily fill in as his SISTER!

The journey so far has NOT been an easy one. My lap-band surgery preparation was a breeze...decided to have the surgery, got financed the same day, set up the appt and surgery date in ONE phone call, had the consultation 3 weeks later, and surgery within 24 hours following that. No hassles, no weird doctors jacking up the price, just smooth sailing. NOT SO MUCH with this one.
1. Got financing through a company that only uses specific doctors.
2. Saw doctor in Portland...he said NO because it was too far away
3. Found that I could stay with with friends in Salem
4. Doc said still thinking about it
5. Got financing through another company but it won't cover ALL the costs
6. Schedule appt with new doc in MAY!
7. Original doctor says yes!
8. Financing company says doc raised price 5000$
9. Got the new PS to move up consultation and see me TODAY!
10. Met with second doc who is FABULOUS!
11. Paid down payment and set surgery for July 3!
Step 2 through 11 took place in LESS THAN ONE WEEK! It is no wonder that I am CRAZY! OH yeah then throw in the fact that I got married the day after step 2 and you can just picture my mental state. Just kidding on that one. New hubby is the greatest!
So I am scheduled for an exteded tummy tuck, with vertical T-incision, and a mons lift (google that one, but not at work!) She estimates the time of surgery to be SIX HOURS! Fortunately for me it will feel like 2 minutes! Not so much for those waiting in the waiting room! Hopefully he brings a good book.
Well this is to keep you all updated as I am not very good at responding to individual emails. Though if you email me I will try to get back to you. I am just very busy!

No comments: